Sunday, March 14, 2010

Joe1 - January 30, 2010

The guys are all going to be called Joe, with their respective numbers. I can't imagine that many guys would want to be identified in this little project. So here goes with Joe1...

I "met" Joe1 on BikerPlanet.com, a dating website for bikers. As far as the site goes, it's OK. It seems pretty good when you first look at it, but there isn't a lot of change. Joe1 lives out of state, about 150 miles from me, but he has adult kids that live in my area. His pictures looked pretty good. There was one with a baby. It was cute, but it made me wonder if someone told him that chicks dig guys with babies. We made plans to meet at the swap meet in Denver.

Joe1 showed up. He wasn't bad looking, but I felt that the photos were definitely more flattering than real life. I don't think there was any effort to deceive though. Had the interaction been different, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Our conversation was strained. He bought a baby hoodie from me, which was really nice, and walked away. We haven't spoken or e-mailed since.

I'm glad we met, but I wasn't compelled to meet again. He must have felt the same way.

No comments: