The problem here is that there aren't a lot of single women riding around on Harleys. Maybe that's an opportunity and not a problem. Guys can find women who don't ride, and if the women have no desire to ride their own, it isn't a big deal. Throw them on the back. While it's not impossible for a woman to do the same with a man, well, forget it. If you think that's an option, this blog is not for you.
Having a stringent requirement for dating cuts the pool down substantially. Because a lot of bikers go out for a ride and leave the wife/girl friend at home, finding a guy alone on a bike means nothing when trying to figure out who's single. I thought a place like eHarmony, that sells itself on how well it matches people, would have no problem coming up with some matches. Wrong. Even though I added "motorcycle" as a must-have, I never got any matches who rode. Good thing I didn't pay for that service.
I'm an extremely independent person, so making concessions on who I'm going to hang out with doesn't happen much. I've probably turned away far too many opportunities for minor reasons, probably because I feel like I have to work towards the end, the big "M". I've been engaged three times since 2001, and they're the only three guys I've dated in that time. I've broken off all three engagements, and I don't regret any of the break-ups. However, if I'm being honest with myself, I have to wonder how I manage to get into these committed relationships that should never have happened. Clearly I'd like to get married, but I'm not willing to compromise.
The answer: date without considering commitment. Just have fun. Meet guys. Drop the standard that if I don't think I'd marry him, I won't date him. Be more proactive in finding single bikers to date. Date 50 guys before the end of this riding season. Write about it. I might learn something about myself, and it will be entertaining, maybe even educational.
- No sex (which I feel is a given, but it should probably be stated right up front in case you're thinking about volunteering)
- The guy must be single: never married, divorced, widowed are all good; separated or "it's complicated" are not
- I can date the same guy more than once, but dates 2 through ? are not counted in the total
- No trashing any of the guys unless they're real jerks or placed less-than-honest dating profiles. Even then, I'll do my best to refrain.
- Do my best to meet on the motorcycles
- Write stories that could help both women and men learn something about dating
- Anonymous for the guys
- List subject to additions